15 WordPress plugins to improve your blog
Today I will present you a list of 15 Best WordPress plugins you should start using on your blog if you want to add some new cool features which not only look good, but also improve the functionality and the speed of your blog or website and also the usability and the user experience.
The popularity of WordPress gains a lot from the available plugins that can add any kind of extra functionality you need at a click of your mouse (or maybe 2 clicks and some searching ).
- W3 Total Cache. A classic among the WordPress plugins, W3 Total Cache is recommended by various hosting companies around the world and it deserves the recognition. This little plugin caches every little part of your website and significantly increases the loading time, saving up to 80% of the bandwidth your website would normally require to load.
- Yoast WordPress SEO. Nothing beats organic traffic coming from search engines. But to get there, you need to optimize each and every post and page of your blog/website to be search-engine friendly. I’m talking about meta tags, page and post titles, keyword placement and density, sitemapsand other such aspects. Installing Yoast’s SEO plug-in make editing these settings a lot easier, because you will see all of these editable fields right below the article you are writing. This plug-in allows you to do the following things:
- Set a unique title and meta description for the pages
- Add breadcrumbs support
- Configure pages to be indexed
- Create an XML sitemap of your blog/website (very important!)
- Edit the robots.txt and .htaccess files
- Broken Link Checker. If you have links pointing to non-existing pages, your page will be rated accordingly by the search-engines and that will results in a bad score for your website. This plugin scans the content on your website for broken links and warns you if you need to change anything.
- Faster Image Insert. You most probably wanted to insert multiple images into one single post and you had a rough time with the default WP Editor. This plugin allows you to select multiple images from the library and insert them all at once inside the post you are writing.
- Google Analyticator. This plugin is essential for any website owner/blogger who wants to keep track of his or her visitors and to see the keywords or search queries the website was found for. It connects with Google Analytics, giving you a strong overview on how well your website is ranked.
- Sharedaddy. One of the best social sharing plugins out there, available in 9 languages so far! You can configure the plugin to show social network icons, text or both at the end of the articles. You can also define custom services from if you need something else together with the included ones: